Sharing thoughts about Taylor Hicks and concert travels and other musical musings!

Friday, July 11, 2008

Taylor Hicks & the Early Works - Track List


Thanks to Amazon, the list of songs for "Early Works", the latest CD to be released by Taylor Hicks on August 19, 2008, is now know! It most of the songs from "In Your Time" released in 1997 and "Under the Radar" released in 2005. Missing are "Hell of a Day" and "On Broadway" for those of you who need the additional details!


1. Soul Thing
2. The Fall
3. Hold On to Your Love
4. The Deal
5. Heart and Soul
6. In Your Time
7. West Texas Sky
8. Somehow
9. Tighten Up
10. Son of a Carpenter
11. My Friend
12. Georgia (with Billy Earl McClelland)


The Editorial Review from the Artist, Taylor Hicks, states:

"First and foremost, these two albums represent who I am and who I am trying to represent as a songwriter. "In Your Time" was a first attempt at recording songs that I had written at the time. Some songs that were really hitting home with me at the time. "Under the Radar" was a second attempt at a first attempt to try to record an album that resembled the production quality of Al Stewart's "Year of the Cat." The songwriting was getting better and my direction as an artist was getting clearer. Warmth in the production was the main goal; "nostalgic" and "endearing" are the terms that I like to use for these two records."

"Thanks for going on the ride!"
"Taylor"

And what a ride this has been for Taylor Hicks! The Traveling Circus is tagging along just to see where the roads will lead!

Click below to vote for your favorite song:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must admit, I am surprised that Soul Thing and The Deal are included as they were both in his CD "Taylor Hicks". Eager to hear if there is a remix !!!!

Thanks so much for including the poll for us to vote for our favorite song ..

Anonymous said...

I must admit, there are 2 songs I wish weren't on there, though I won't mention which ones. I will say that I can NOT wait until it comes out.

Beth

Some of My Favorite Pictures


Taylor%20HicksQuantcast